The Sutton Ecology Centre Nature Trail is open to all, so come along after school or at the weekend for a stroll and an explore! See if you can spot seasonal changes to the plants and animal habitats, and discover hidden gems like the butterfly and forest gardens or the marsh and pond.
Follow the Sutton Ecology Centre Natural Trail your way at your pace
Simply bring along your leaflet and explore the trail at your leisure during centre opening hours (see below).
How does the trail work? Follow the numbered waymarkers around the grounds. The trail has been designed to include information about the nature, heritage and sensory aspects of this local nature reserve. The markers include symbols to highlight the three different aspects of the trail.
The trail was developed as part of a Heritage Lottery Funded project to enhance the interpretation at the Sutton Ecology Centre and regenerate the grounds.
Sutton Ecology Centre Code:
- Always return creatures to their homes
- Never pick any living plants or flowers
- Take your litter home with you
- Always wash your hands afterwards.
The grounds are open to the public from 9am until sunset, Monday through Sunday, all year round. If you are visiting with an organised group, please book in advance as the grounds are used for teaching and volunteering by the biodiversity team throughout the week.
For bookings, advice and information, please call Sutton Biodiversity and Wildlife on 020 8770 5820 or email email@example.com.
Find out more about Sutton Biodiversity and Wildlife with Sutton Council.
How to get to the Sutton Ecology Centre
Why not walk or cycle to the Sutton Ecology Centre? Its wildlife-rich grounds are just outside The Old Rectory:
- Take Thameslink or Southern Trains to Charshalton station.
- The ecology centre is 5 minutes’ walk from the station and signposted.
- The 127 (Purley – Tooting) and 157 (Morden – Crystal Palace) stop at the end of North Street.
- The 407 (Caterham – Sutton) stops on Pound Street.
- Access is from the B277 (North Street) off the A232 (Carshalton Road / Pound Street).
- Parking is for disabled badge holders only.
To book a place on a scheduled event, please visit Sutton Ecology Centre Bookings. You will need to create an account and book each person on.
For information on Sutton Nature / Biodiversity events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and for all school holiday events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or, call 020 8770 5820 (for all events).